Bail plea of pub brawl accused rejected
New Delhi: A court here on Thursday rejected the anticipatory bail plea of Parth Wadia, the grandson of liquor baron Kishanlal Wadia, in connection with a pub brawl case.
Central Bureau of Investigation Special Judge GP Singh refused to grant anticipatory bail to Wadia after Delhi Police told the court that Wadia was not co-operating in the investigation.
Earlier, Wadia was granted interim bail till Thursday.
His counsel, however, said that Wadia has co-operated police in investigation.
Countering the submission of defence counsel, the public prosecutor told court that Wadia`s custodial interrogation is required in the case to probe the matter.
According to the police, various men, including the relative of a politician, accompanied by armed bodyguards, had on June 27 night turned violent when bouncers denied them entry into club Keya, at DLF Promenade Mall in south Delhi.
Police had registered two cases under charges of attempt to murder and Arms Act - one against the bouncers and the other against the alleged mischief-makers.
Police had told the court that one of the PSOs of Wadia had brandished a revolver and threatened to kill the bouncers and staff of the club. One of the security men had also allegedly assaulted a bouncer with a sharp-edged weapon, police claimed.
Wadia is accused of trying to force his way into a club here along with his friends and security personnel after assaulting its staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened