Bail plea of pub brawl accused rejected
New Delhi: A court here on Thursday rejected the anticipatory bail plea of Parth Wadia, the grandson of liquor baron Kishanlal Wadia, in connection with a pub brawl case.
Central Bureau of Investigation Special Judge GP Singh refused to grant anticipatory bail to Wadia after Delhi Police told the court that Wadia was not co-operating in the investigation.
Earlier, Wadia was granted interim bail till Thursday.
His counsel, however, said that Wadia has co-operated police in investigation.
Countering the submission of defence counsel, the public prosecutor told court that Wadia`s custodial interrogation is required in the case to probe the matter.
According to the police, various men, including the relative of a politician, accompanied by armed bodyguards, had on June 27 night turned violent when bouncers denied them entry into club Keya, at DLF Promenade Mall in south Delhi.
Police had registered two cases under charges of attempt to murder and Arms Act - one against the bouncers and the other against the alleged mischief-makers.
Police had told the court that one of the PSOs of Wadia had brandished a revolver and threatened to kill the bouncers and staff of the club. One of the security men had also allegedly assaulted a bouncer with a sharp-edged weapon, police claimed.
Wadia is accused of trying to force his way into a club here along with his friends and security personnel after assaulting its staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region