Bail pleas of Ponty Chadha`s men to be heard on November 28
New Delhi: A court here on Thursday decided to hear on November 28 the bail pleas of slain liquor baron Ponty Chadha`s two employees, arrested for allegedly trespassing into a disputed farmhouse at Bijwasan in South West Delhi.
Vijay Kumar and Madan Rana, working as caretakers at Chadhas` farmhouse in Bijwasan, were arrested by the police on November 18 for allegedly entering into the farmhouse after breaking its locks and restraining its occupants wrongfully and for threatening them.
The police custody of the two was extended on Thursday by Metropolitan Magistrate Ruchika Singla till November 28.
MM Singla fixed November 28 to hear the bail pleas of the two caretakers after their counsel B S Jakhar and Sanjeev Malik informed the court that they want to argue the case in the presence of their clients, who will be produced after expiry of the police custody on November 28.
The counsel for the two sought bail on the ground that they are innocent and there was no reason for them to tresspass into the farmhouse, which they had been guarding as its caretakers.
The counsel argued that the farmhouse is registered in the name of Ponty`s wife and son and there was no question of their trespassing into it.
Liquor baron Gurdeep alias Ponty Chadha and his younger brother Hardeep Chadha were killed in a shootout at their Chhatarpaur farmhouse on November 17 afternoon after which the police has arrested altogether seven people in various criminal cases, linked to the shootout incident allegedly between the two brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh