Bangladeshi cheaters` gang busted
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday claimed to have
smashed a gang of Bangladeshis involved in cheating
businessmen by promising them US dollars with the arrest of
five youths, including two women.
The arrested have been identified as Sirajul (25), Suleman
(35), Hannan (30) and his wife Salma (35) and Bally (22), DCP
(North-East) SK Jain said.
The arrests came following investigations into a complaint
filed by Rakesh Kumar Gupta, who runs a sanitary-cum-hardware
in Kotla Mubarakpur. He was allegedly lured into a trap by a
woman named Nargis who posed herself as a customer and made
the payment in dollar after purchasing a lock.
"Though he refused to accept the payment in dollar, Nargis
told him that her husband got these dollars at a dustbin and
she is in possession of 1,170 dollars of USD 20 each.
"She was in rags and believing her, the complainant struck
a deal for Rs one lakh in lieu of dollars. He was called to
Ashok Nagar in Jyoti Nagar to take the dollars. However, he
was cheated. Similar incidents of cheating of dollars were
reported in the area of North East," Jain said.
The first to be arrested was Sirajul from near Shastri
Park Metro Station on a tip-off that someone was at the
locality showing them dollars pretending that he got them from
a dustbin and wanted to sell it. His interrogation led to the
arrest of others.
"They (gang members) have divided their job into two
parts. The first part of luring and inducement was the job of
the women who in rags used to visit shopkeepers and after
taking a small article used to make the payment in dollars.
"Usually shopkeepers fall prey and ask for dollars. The
lady tells them she had got these dollars accidentally in the
dustbin installed before embassy," Jain said.
Sirajul sneaked into India five years ago and was brought
to India by Nargis. Hannan and Suleman, who are relatives,
were also brought into the trade by Nargis, who is yet to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray