Bank official among seven arrested for fraud, theft cases
New Delhi: Delhi Police Friday claimed to
have busted a gang of fraudsters, with the arrest of seven
men, including an assistant branch manager of a private bank,
involved in credit card fraud cases and thefts over a period
The investigation into the case began after police
received a complaint from an HDFC bank branch in Rajouri
Garden about misuse of credit cards issued by the bank and
withdrawal of some Rs 9 lakh by unknown persons.
Probe into the details of the credit card users and
questioning of the courier companies revealed that all the
cards used in the fraud were delivered only to a particular
area of Faridabad but the permanent addresses of all these
card holders were from outside Delhi.
On sustained investigation, police found that the
fraudsters, through their accomplices in a courier company,
had changed the address to that of Faribabad.
Police arrested four courier boys -- Sube Singh,
Dharamvir, Rajender Kumar and Vishnu, and they revealed that
they used to deliver the cards at different addresses of
Faridabad where the accused Arvind and Dara Anand used to
intercept the same, instead of delivering them to new changed
They said the courier boys used to take Rs 10,000 per
Based on the inputs from the four persons, police
arrested Arvind and Anand and also Sangeet Anand, Assistant
Manager (Collections), HDFC Branch, Naraina.
"Under sustained interrogation, Sangeet Anand
disclosed that he provided 8 Credit Cards of different HDFC
customers living outside Delhi," police said.
They said Sangeet Anand had identified 65 other
accounts which were inactive for past few months whose details
he had obtained by misusing his official position and had
plans to use them for cheating.
Police have also recovered 2 laptops, a personal
computer, seven mobile phones, some bank data, fake IDs and
other documents and broken mobile chip cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster