Bank official among seven arrested for fraud, theft cases
New Delhi: Delhi Police Friday claimed to
have busted a gang of fraudsters, with the arrest of seven
men, including an assistant branch manager of a private bank,
involved in credit card fraud cases and thefts over a period
The investigation into the case began after police
received a complaint from an HDFC bank branch in Rajouri
Garden about misuse of credit cards issued by the bank and
withdrawal of some Rs 9 lakh by unknown persons.
Probe into the details of the credit card users and
questioning of the courier companies revealed that all the
cards used in the fraud were delivered only to a particular
area of Faridabad but the permanent addresses of all these
card holders were from outside Delhi.
On sustained investigation, police found that the
fraudsters, through their accomplices in a courier company,
had changed the address to that of Faribabad.
Police arrested four courier boys -- Sube Singh,
Dharamvir, Rajender Kumar and Vishnu, and they revealed that
they used to deliver the cards at different addresses of
Faridabad where the accused Arvind and Dara Anand used to
intercept the same, instead of delivering them to new changed
They said the courier boys used to take Rs 10,000 per
Based on the inputs from the four persons, police
arrested Arvind and Anand and also Sangeet Anand, Assistant
Manager (Collections), HDFC Branch, Naraina.
"Under sustained interrogation, Sangeet Anand
disclosed that he provided 8 Credit Cards of different HDFC
customers living outside Delhi," police said.
They said Sangeet Anand had identified 65 other
accounts which were inactive for past few months whose details
he had obtained by misusing his official position and had
plans to use them for cheating.
Police have also recovered 2 laptops, a personal
computer, seven mobile phones, some bank data, fake IDs and
other documents and broken mobile chip cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation
- Earthquake shakes southern Mexico, felt in capital
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset
- Roy Hodgson quits as England boss after Iceland humiliation
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack