Bank official, man sentenced to 3 yr for cheating, forgery
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced a nationalised bank`s senior officer and another man to three years of imprisonment for cheating and causing a loss of Rs 15 lakh to the bank by sanctioning a loan without proper verification.
District Judge P S Teji awarded the sentence to P S Kudwa, who was the then senior manager in a Corporation Bank branch here, and Dr Pankaj Kumar Prasad, proprietor of a private hospital here, and also imposed a fine of Rs 45,000 and Rs 60,000 respectively.
"The prosecution had been able to prove that both the accused had entered into a criminal conspiracy the common object of which was to cheat the bank by committing forgery and fabrication in the documents and using the same as genuine," the court said.
According to CBI, a complaint was filed by the DGM of Corporation Bank alleging fraud done by Kudwa in giving loans.
CBI alleged that apart from other home loans, Kudwa had sanctioned meditech loan to Prasad for purchasing medical equipments worth Rs 15 lakh. Prasad had submitted the sale deed of properties at Noida to be mortgaged as collateral security to the loan, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Apple devices failing more than Android smartphones: Study
- Piers Morgan vs Indian Twitter: The battle isn't over yet as UK journalist provokes fans with THIS tweet
- Dev Patel's 'Lion' to release in Australia
- SC's ultimatum to DLF: Give possession to Panchkula Valley home buyers by Nov 30
- In Haryana's Mewat, half a dozen men kill couple, gang-rape two relatives