Bank official, man sentenced to 3 yr for cheating, forgery
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced a nationalised bank`s senior officer and another man to three years of imprisonment for cheating and causing a loss of Rs 15 lakh to the bank by sanctioning a loan without proper verification.
District Judge P S Teji awarded the sentence to P S Kudwa, who was the then senior manager in a Corporation Bank branch here, and Dr Pankaj Kumar Prasad, proprietor of a private hospital here, and also imposed a fine of Rs 45,000 and Rs 60,000 respectively.
"The prosecution had been able to prove that both the accused had entered into a criminal conspiracy the common object of which was to cheat the bank by committing forgery and fabrication in the documents and using the same as genuine," the court said.
According to CBI, a complaint was filed by the DGM of Corporation Bank alleging fraud done by Kudwa in giving loans.
CBI alleged that apart from other home loans, Kudwa had sanctioned meditech loan to Prasad for purchasing medical equipments worth Rs 15 lakh. Prasad had submitted the sale deed of properties at Noida to be mortgaged as collateral security to the loan, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees