Bank official, man sentenced to 3 yr for cheating, forgery
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced a nationalised bank`s senior officer and another man to three years of imprisonment for cheating and causing a loss of Rs 15 lakh to the bank by sanctioning a loan without proper verification.
District Judge P S Teji awarded the sentence to P S Kudwa, who was the then senior manager in a Corporation Bank branch here, and Dr Pankaj Kumar Prasad, proprietor of a private hospital here, and also imposed a fine of Rs 45,000 and Rs 60,000 respectively.
"The prosecution had been able to prove that both the accused had entered into a criminal conspiracy the common object of which was to cheat the bank by committing forgery and fabrication in the documents and using the same as genuine," the court said.
According to CBI, a complaint was filed by the DGM of Corporation Bank alleging fraud done by Kudwa in giving loans.
CBI alleged that apart from other home loans, Kudwa had sanctioned meditech loan to Prasad for purchasing medical equipments worth Rs 15 lakh. Prasad had submitted the sale deed of properties at Noida to be mortgaged as collateral security to the loan, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan