Barapulla flyover to be extended to Mayur Vihar
New Delhi: The elevated Barapulla flyover will be extended from Sarai Kale Khan to Mayur Vihar.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today laid the foundation for the extension of elevated Barapulla flyover from Sarai Kale Khan to INA Market at a function organised at Sarai Kale Khan near the iconic Sundial.
She said that extension of Barapulla elevated flyover would prove to be another feather in the crown of Delhi`s infrastructure.
"The city government has, in principle, agreed to extend the elevated road from Sarai Kale Khan to Mayur Vihar under the third phase," she said, adding the cost of the first extension would be Rs 530 crores.
After commissioning of all the phases, the distance between East Delhi, Mayur Vihar, NOIDA and South and other parts of Delhi would be reduced and thus help commuters in saving fuel and time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof