Bartender arrested for murder
New Delhi: With the arrest of a 23-year-old barman, Delhi Police on Saturday claimed to have solved the recent kidnap-cum-murder of a west Delhi resident.
Jitender alias Jitu was arrested yesterday for the kidnap and murder of Gurpreet Singh, a resident of Nihal Vihar in west Delhi. Police are looking for three others involved in the case.
Police had initiated investigations into the case following a complaint by Gurpreet`s wife Sarbjeet Kaur after he went missing on June 29.
During the course of investigation, Gurpreet`s body was found in Sonepat district of Haryana following which the police added section of murder in the case.
"Gurpreet`s friend Harpreet informed us of a brawl between one Bobby and his friend Angad. Gurpreet and Harpreet had intervened to bring out a resolution.
Apparently angry with Gurpreet for his intervention, Bobby and his three other friends including Jitender later picked him up in a Santro," said a police officer, adding that they killed him and dumped the body outside Delhi.
According to the officer, Jitender has confessed to the crime. Efforts are on to nab the other accused, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?