Be cautious of rumour mongers: Bukhari
New Delhi: In the backdrop of the exodus of people belonging to northeast, a prominent Muslim cleric today appealed to people to be cautious about rumours and try not to spread them.
"I appeal to Muslims of India to be cautious of mischievous rumour mongers. Try and control spreading them. Don`t listen to the rumours spread by others," Syed Ahmed Bukhari, Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid, told reporters here after Eid prayers .
He said this is in our best interest to not listen to evil wishers who want to destroy our community.
His remarks came against the backdrop of rumours in other cities from where north-easterners were fleeing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan