Be ready for struggle: Digvijay to Congressmen
Orchha/Prithvipur: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday said that those party workers who are "scared" should sit at home and not venture into the field.
Singh made the remark in the context of the party being out of power for more than eight years in Madhya Pradesh.
Addressing a meeting at Prithvipur, at the launch of Jana Chetna Yatra of Leader of Opposition in Assembly, Ajay Singh, Digvijay said the party workers must be ready to fight a tough battle till Congress comes to power in 2013 in the state.
In a sarcastic tone, Singh said perhaps the people of Madhya Pradesh did not like the performance of his government (when he was the Chief Minister), and now they liked the corruption, mafia raj and atrocities in the BJP rule.
Singh said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan only knew "how to weep".
"Madhya Pradesh government now gets five times the money that was received when I was the Chief Minister," he claimed.
Launching the Yatra, Ajay Singh said that it aimed at presenting the true picture of the BJP government.
Chouhan had failed to reply to any of the charges made in the no-confidence motion against the BJP government during the winter session of Assembly, Ajay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan