Be ready for struggle: Digvijay to Congressmen
Orchha/Prithvipur: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday said that those party workers who are "scared" should sit at home and not venture into the field.
Singh made the remark in the context of the party being out of power for more than eight years in Madhya Pradesh.
Addressing a meeting at Prithvipur, at the launch of Jana Chetna Yatra of Leader of Opposition in Assembly, Ajay Singh, Digvijay said the party workers must be ready to fight a tough battle till Congress comes to power in 2013 in the state.
In a sarcastic tone, Singh said perhaps the people of Madhya Pradesh did not like the performance of his government (when he was the Chief Minister), and now they liked the corruption, mafia raj and atrocities in the BJP rule.
Singh said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan only knew "how to weep".
"Madhya Pradesh government now gets five times the money that was received when I was the Chief Minister," he claimed.
Launching the Yatra, Ajay Singh said that it aimed at presenting the true picture of the BJP government.
Chouhan had failed to reply to any of the charges made in the no-confidence motion against the BJP government during the winter session of Assembly, Ajay said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro