Behuria appointed Secretary, Heavy Industries
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Sutanu Behuria has been appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Heavy Industries.
Behuria, a 1976 batch officer of Himachal Pradesh cadre, is now Secretary in the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
The vacancy was necessitated after MF Farooqui relinquished the charge of the post. Farooqui, a 1978 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, has been appointed as Secretary in Department of Telecommunications.
Behuria will also hold the additional charge of the post of Secretary, Department of Public Enterprises from April 13- 24, 2013 during the absence on leave of O P Rawat, IAS(MP:77), according to an official release issued today.
Ameising Luikham, a 1981 batch IAS officer of Manipur- Tripura cadre, has been appointed as Secretary, North Eastern Council, Shillong, in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
Ravi Mathur, Secretary, Department of Disinvestment, will hold additional charge of the post of Secretary, Ministry of Minority Affairs for three months with immediate effect.
Mathur, a 1979 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, will also hold the additional charge of the post of Secretary, Ministry of Labour & Employment from April 6-15, 2013 during the absence on leave of Mrutyunjay Sarangi, IAS(TN:77), the release said.
Senior IAS officer Lov Verma, who is Secretary in Department of AIDS Control, will hold additional charge of the post of Secretary, Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy(AYUSH) from April 19-28, 2013 during the absence on leave of Anil Kumar, IAS(NL:76).
Kumar is a 1978 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued