Betting racket busted; four arrested
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday claimed to
have smashed a gang involved in betting during a one-day match
between Zimbabwe and Bangladesh with the arrest of four
persons, including a computer professional here.
Sajid (27), Vikas (23), Shan Mohammed (25) and Arif (23)
were apprehended from Mehrauli yesterday on a tip off, Chhaya
Sharma, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South), said.
A laptop, eight mobile phones and one TV set were
recovered from their possession.
"The rate of odds between the playing teams originated
from outside India and on that basis, the bets were booked
during the match. After the match is over profit and losses
are calculated through specific software known as Back N Lay
PRO," Sharma said.
"The mobile phones were used for getting the rates of the
odds on the match and for booking of the bets from the
punters. The recording facility of the mobile phones was used
for keeping the records of the bets booked by the punters. One
set of mobile phones is specifically used for receiving the
rates of betting which fluctuates ball by ball," she said.
Sajid is a scrap dealer in Mehrauli and operating as a
bookie since last four years while Vikas and Mohammed, a
computer professional, are bookies for the past three years.
Arif, a contractor with Delhi Jal Board, has been in the
field for the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections