Betting racket busted in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday claimed to have smashed a betting racket which was operating during a Champions League T20 match with the arrest of three persons.
The racket has taken bets for over Rs five lakh, Sindhu Pillai, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North), said.
Rajesh Gupta, Mohd Yameen and Gopi Kishan Goyal were apprehended from Tilak Bazar in Lahori Gate yesterday while a match between Highveld Lions and Sydney was in progress, she said.
A TV set and six mobile phones were recovered among other things, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!