Beware! NDMC to impose fine for littering, urinating, spitting on Delhi roads
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: In a welcome move, the North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) has decided to penalise Delhiites found littering, urinating and spitting in public.
The administration has decided to impose a fine ranging from Rs 100-500 for littering, urinating and spitting in public.
Not only this if someone`s dog is found defecating in public places, Rs 500 fine will be imposed on the pet owner.
The move is a part of the 100-day sanitation drive to make the national capital clean.
The NDMC will deploy its men on the streets to catch the defaulters. Anyone found littering or urinating in public will be fined and be given a receipt and the money will be deposited with NDMC.
North Delhi Municipal Corporation Mayor Yogender Chandolia said the cleanliness drive, which started on August 08, would go on till November 15.
"It would emphasise micro-level monitoring of day-to-day cleanliness in all areas, repair and maintenance of roads, painting of street-lights and high-mast lights, removal of silt and floating material from big drains, repair of manholes, cleanliness of public urinals, besides other issues such as taking preventive measures for control of water- and vector-borne diseases," Yogender Chandolia, North Delhi Municipal Corporation mayor said at the launch.
Commissioner Praveen Gupta directed all deputy commissioners of the zones to carry out regular field inspections in different areas to monitor the impact of the drive so that immediate action can be taken if any irregularity is noticed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'