Bharat Bandh Day 2: Stone pelting at factory, vehicles damaged in Noida
Noida: Around 200 workers pelted stones at a factory in Sector 5 breaking windows and damaged vehicles on the second day of the 48-hour nationwide strike, even as authorities imposed prohibitory order in the district.
Five persons have been arrested in Thursday`s incident, Senior Superintendent of Police Shalabh Mathur said.
Around 100 workers had also assembled in Sector 10 industrial area and started pelting stones but police reached the spot and prevented damage to factories, he said.
"Barring these two minor incidents, no clash was reported from other places in the city," the SSP said.
District Magistrate M K S Sundaram told reporters Section 144 has been clamped in the district till February 28.
Six PAC battalions have been deployed and one RAF unit in addition to local police and police force from Ghaziabad and Hapur were deployed, Sundaram said.
In yesterday`s violence, 150 cases have been registered at Noida Phase 2 police station by industrialists against trade union leaders and rioters, Mathur said.
"At Sector 58 police station, 34 FIRs have been registered. Around 86 persons were arrested yesterday. Around 30 more were arrested today," the SSP said.
Sundaram said inquiry was being conducted by additional commissioner into yesterday`s violence.
Noida Entrepreneur Association president Vipin Malhan has anticipated loss of Rs 600 crore in yesterday`s violence as it included loss of production and damage to property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police