Bhardwaj murder: Police custody of son, lawyer extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday extended by three days the police custody of real estate tycoon and local BSP leader Deepak Bhardwaj`s younger son Nitesh and a lawyer arrested in connection with his murder.
Nitesh and Baljeet Singh Shehrawat were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Prashant Sharma after expiry of their six-day police custody and the investigating officer moved an application seeking their remand for further custodial interrogation saying they needed to be confronted with various facts that have emerged during the probe.
While the Delhi Police had sought extension of their custody by six days, the court extended their remand by three days till April 19.
The Delhi Police told the court that the duo needed to be confronted with regard to the mobile phone conversation between the accused and some important facts which surfaced during the probe.
Police said they also needed to ascertain the source of money which was involved in the crime.
They said a letter has emerged during the probe and it could be vital in the case. They, however, said the contents of the letter cannot be disclosed in the open court.
Seeking extension of police custody of Nitesh and Shehrawat, the police said the duo are yet to be confronted with the communication they had entered into using Internet applications.
They said raids were to be carried out at the ashram at Paali road near Jhansi and the police also needed to search various places on the Jhansi-Mumbai highway to arrest the absconding accused and self-styled godman Pratibhanand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie