Bhardwaj murder: Police custody of son, lawyer extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday extended by three days the police custody of real estate tycoon and local BSP leader Deepak Bhardwaj`s younger son Nitesh and a lawyer arrested in connection with his murder.
Nitesh and Baljeet Singh Shehrawat were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Prashant Sharma after expiry of their six-day police custody and the investigating officer moved an application seeking their remand for further custodial interrogation saying they needed to be confronted with various facts that have emerged during the probe.
While the Delhi Police had sought extension of their custody by six days, the court extended their remand by three days till April 19.
The Delhi Police told the court that the duo needed to be confronted with regard to the mobile phone conversation between the accused and some important facts which surfaced during the probe.
Police said they also needed to ascertain the source of money which was involved in the crime.
They said a letter has emerged during the probe and it could be vital in the case. They, however, said the contents of the letter cannot be disclosed in the open court.
Seeking extension of police custody of Nitesh and Shehrawat, the police said the duo are yet to be confronted with the communication they had entered into using Internet applications.
They said raids were to be carried out at the ashram at Paali road near Jhansi and the police also needed to search various places on the Jhansi-Mumbai highway to arrest the absconding accused and self-styled godman Pratibhanand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know