`Bheem` is AAP candidate for Wazirpur seat in Delhi polls
New Delhi: Actor Praveen Kumar who played the role of Bheem in BR Chopra`s legendary television series `Mahabharat` will contest the Delhi Assembly elections from Wazirpur on Aam Aadmi Party ticket.
Kumar, an Arjuna awardee and star of Indian athletics in the 1960s and the 1970s, had joined the party recently.
Kumar had participated in hammer and discus throws events and, won gold in discus throwing in the 1966 and 1970 Asian Games.
The Arvind-Kejriwal-led AAP today announced the names of six candidates, including Kumar for the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections.
Apart from `Bheem`, the party has also fielded Rakhi Birla, a journalist with a television news channel, to contest the elections from Mangolpuri assembly constituency.
Sunil Pokhariyal, a social activist, is AAP candidate from Palam, while Vikram Badhwar, who is leading a number of traders` associations like New Delhi Trader`s Association and others, will contest from Chandni Chowk assembly constituency, the party said.
The Party has announced Lakshmi Narayan Sharma, earlier associated with Secretary of Labour Party of India, as its candidate from Gonda and Mohan Krishna Sharma from Badli.
AAP has announced a total of 53 candidates for 70 Delhi Assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!