Big plans for Narendra Modi’s mega rally in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: With Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi all set to address a grand rally in the national capital on September 29, the Bharatiya Janata Party is leaving no stone unturned to make the event a mega success.
The BJP expects around 4 lakh people will come to Japanese Park in Rohini to hear the party’s BJP’s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections.
Notwithstanding Modi’s standing as a crowd puller, the party has planned to install 100 LED screens across the city for the live coverage of the event.
Modi’s rally comes at a time when the Delhi BJP unit has been hit hard with the internal bickering within the party over the choice of the CM candidate.
The BJP, which is yet to announce its CM’s candidate, is heavily banking on the Modi charisma to come back to power in the Delhi Assembly elections scheduled later this year.
Modi’s role became even more critical after various opinion polls suggested that Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Admi Party (AAP) will eat into the vote share of the BJP.
BJP stalwart LK Advani and senior leader Sushma Swaraj, who were earlier opposed to the anointment of Modi as the PM candidate of the BJP are likely to give the rally a miss.
BJP president Rajnath Singh will also not attend the rally. However, Delhi poll in-charge Nitin Gadkari will be present at the gathering.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has played down the possible absence of top party leaders at Narendra Modi`s rally here on September 29.
"Modi will be holding large-scale rallies and meetings across the country. It is not required that every leader (of the party) joins him at every event," Naqvi said.
Modi was on September 14 appointed as BJP’s PM candidate, despite LK Advani`s opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!