Bihar gangster arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: An alleged gangster of Bihar has been arrested from Delhi`s Khayala village for his involvement in a shooting there which left two persons dead earlier this month, police said on Monday.
Sunil Singh (41), of Motihari in Bihar, wanted in the August 8 shooting at Motihari in Bihar, was arrested yesterday by the Crime Branch after Delhi police got information that he was hiding in the city, police said.
After the shooting in Krishna Nagar area of Motihari, Mantu Sharma (30) and Ashutosh Pandey (26) succumbed to injuries while Vivek Kumar Tiwary and Avanish Kumar Singh were taken to Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) in a critical condition, police said.
The murder was outcome of rivalry between Kamal Singh-Sunil Singh-Tunna Singh Gang and Montu Sharma gangs over the control of the real estate business in Motihari, Bihar.
During interrogation, it was learnt that Sunil`s father Jagat Singh also was involved in criminal activities. Sunil become a contract killer and has been involved in cases of murder, attempts to murder and robberies in Bihar.
"His sensational killings include those of a politician, advocate and a Maoist activist. He is also involved in illicit liquor trade as well. Bihar police has been informed about his arrest. They will be taking him on transit remand to Motihari, Bihar," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ashok Chand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’