Binny not to follow AAP whip, HC stays speaker`s letter
New Delhi: Granting interim protection to expelled AAP legislator Vinod Kumar Binny, Delhi High Court on Wednesday stayed Assembly Speaker MS Dhir`s order that directed him to follow party decisions.
Justice Manmohan, staying the speaker`s letter issued Feb 3, said: "The petitioner`s rights should not be curtailed. The letter dated Feb 3 stayed till next date of hearing."
The court also issued notice to AAP for March 4. Binny will not have to follow the party whip till the plea is decided.
Binny moved the court, seeking that it declare him an Independent member of the legislature and also to stay the speaker`s letter and whips issued by AAP against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30