Binny not to follow AAP whip, HC stays speaker`s letter
New Delhi: Granting interim protection to expelled AAP legislator Vinod Kumar Binny, Delhi High Court on Wednesday stayed Assembly Speaker MS Dhir`s order that directed him to follow party decisions.
Justice Manmohan, staying the speaker`s letter issued Feb 3, said: "The petitioner`s rights should not be curtailed. The letter dated Feb 3 stayed till next date of hearing."
The court also issued notice to AAP for March 4. Binny will not have to follow the party whip till the plea is decided.
Binny moved the court, seeking that it declare him an Independent member of the legislature and also to stay the speaker`s letter and whips issued by AAP against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know