Binny not to follow AAP whip, HC stays speaker`s letter
New Delhi: Granting interim protection to expelled AAP legislator Vinod Kumar Binny, Delhi High Court on Wednesday stayed Assembly Speaker MS Dhir`s order that directed him to follow party decisions.
Justice Manmohan, staying the speaker`s letter issued Feb 3, said: "The petitioner`s rights should not be curtailed. The letter dated Feb 3 stayed till next date of hearing."
The court also issued notice to AAP for March 4. Binny will not have to follow the party whip till the plea is decided.
Binny moved the court, seeking that it declare him an Independent member of the legislature and also to stay the speaker`s letter and whips issued by AAP against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar