BJP against tariff hike till CAG audit is over
New Delhi: The BJP`s Delhi unit today said that Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) should direct the power companies not to increase tariff till the audit by the CAG is complete.
"On the one hand all the three private power companies of Delhi are putting hindrance in the way of audit by the CAG, on the other hand the DERC has started the process of considering the request by the private power companies for increasing the power tariff. This is injustice with the power consumers", BJP`s Delhi President Dr Harsh Vardhan said in a letter to Lt Governor.
"If the power tariff is hiked before the audit of the accounts of power companies then it would be an unbearable burden on the public," said Vardhan.
The CAG had informed the High Court that the private power companies were not providing necessary papers and account books to them for audit.
"It has also been learnt that the power companies have two types of account books--one is genuine and other is forged book", Vardhan alleged.
"They succeed in getting the tariff hiked by showing such account books. Now that the Court has also accepted the demand for CAG audit, the companies are not providing necessary documents leading to harassment of the CAG officers. CAG has directly complained about it to the Delhi High Court," said Vardhan.
Vardhan further said that the RWAs have alleged that DERC is hand in glove with the power companies. "The DERC acts in favour of the power companies and does not listen to the grievance of the general public. It has also been alleged that the power companies are earning an average profit of Rs 3 per unit on the distribution of power. When these companies are already looting the people, then what is the need of hike in power tariff," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic