BJP announces candidates for post of Mayor in NDMC and EDMC
New Delhi: Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel Sunday night nominated senior BJP councillors Azad Singh and Ram Narayan Dubey as party candidates for posts of mayor in North Delhi Municipal Corporation and East Delhi Municipal Corporation respectively.
Azad Singh, who is a councillor from Mundka, is the deputy mayor of North Delhi Municipal Corporation. While, Ram Narayan Dubey is a councillor from Dilshad Garden in East Delhi.
The term of current mayor of NDMC Meera Aggarwal and EDMC mayor Annapoorna Mishra will end in April.
The BJP is the ruling party in both the civic bodies and the party candidates are likely to win in case of a contest.
Goel has nominated Mahinder Nagpal for the post of leader of House in NDMC while Purnima Vidyarthi has been nominated for the post of Deputy Mayor.
Senior councillors Ram Krishan Singhal and Mohan Bharadwaj have been chosen for Chairman of the Standing committee and Deputy Chairman of the standing committee respectively.
For post of Leader of House in EDMC, Goel has nominated B B Tyagi while BJP`s candidate for Deputy Mayor will be Mahender Ahuja.
Sanjay Surjan has been chosen for Chairman of the standing committee while Sanjay Kaushik will be the candidate for the post of Deputy Chairman of the standing committee.
The election for various posts in the two municipal corporations will be held within next couple of weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Badminton Asia Championship: Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu advance to second round
- There has been no development in West Bengal, only TMC syndicate rules: Rahul Gandhi
- 67 properties of Sahara up for sale, process to start next week: SEBI to SC
- North Korea sets party congress date amid nuclear test fears
- AgustaWestland scam: Manmohan Singh dismisses BJP's charge