BJP announces its list of star campaigners in Delhi
New Delhi: In addition to BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and senior party leaders, chief ministers of four states and film actors like Vinod Khanna and Smriti Irani will be the star campaigners for the BJP in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in the national capital.
Party leader Varun Gandhi, former cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu and singer Anup Jalota will also be campaigning for the party.
Delhi unit of the BJP today released a list of its 43 star campaigners for the Lok Sabha elections.
Narendra Modi will address a public rally on March 26 in Shastri Park in Northeast Delhi while BJP leader Sushma Swaraj is expected to address a rally on March 29 in Delhi.
"Apart from senior leaders like L K Advani, Rajnath Singh, CMs of BJP-ruled states like Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Raman Singh, Vasundhra Raje will be campaigning in Delhi. Besides, CM of Punjab Prakash Singh Badal and deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal have also been roped in for the Lok Sahba campaigning," Chairman of election campaign committee of Delhi BJP, Vijay Kumar Malhotra told reporters here.
Malhotra said that Vinod Khanna, Smriti Irani, Navjot Singh Sidhu and Anup Jalota will campaign for all seven candidates of the party.
Malhotra said that the dates for campaigning by these leaders are yet to be worked out.
Among the leaders whose names have been included are Murli Manohar Joshi, Arun Jaitley, M Venkaiah Naidyu, Uma Bharti, Kalyan Singh, Manoj Tiwari, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Ravi Shankar Prasad among others.
Meanwhile, Malhotra also slammed Congress and AAP for making false promises to the residents of Delhi.
"Congress government was responsible for acute shortage of houses. Around 30 lakh people are living in jhuggis without any basic amenties. One crore people stay in unauthorized colonies, slum clusters and rural areas".
"Besides, AAP ruled Delhi for 49 days, but it also didn`t look into the problems of jhuggi jhopri dwellers and the applicants who had applied under Rajiv Ratna Aawas Yojna," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note