BJP attacks Delhi Govt for delay in Hospital projects
New Delhi: Delhi Government today came under severe attack from BJP which accused it of failing to complete a number of hospital projects despite laying their foundation stones years back.
A number of BJP MLAs, speaking at the Delhi Assembly, slammed the government for delay in construction of various hospitals.
"Fourteen years have gone by and the hospital in Dwarka is still not ready. Not even construction work has started so far. Foundation stones of so many hospital projects were laid but the construction works are yet to start," said Jagdish Mukhi, BJP MLA from Janakpuri.
"Delhi government had planned a number of new hospitals in the last 14 years but not one of them have been commissioned," said Harsh Vardhan, another BJP MLA.
Health minister A K Walia said that the project at Dwarka has received clearance from a number of agencies including fire and Delhi Development Authority. "We will take it up for consideration of the cabinet soon," he said.
While the project was first launched in the year 1996 for a 500-bedded hospital, the government later decided to increase the number of beds to 700.
Walia said that 12 new hospitals will be constructed in the next few years including a 200-bedded hospital in Vikaspuri and 225-bedded hospital in Chattarpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan