BJP attacks Delhi Govt for delay in Hospital projects
New Delhi: Delhi Government today came under severe attack from BJP which accused it of failing to complete a number of hospital projects despite laying their foundation stones years back.
A number of BJP MLAs, speaking at the Delhi Assembly, slammed the government for delay in construction of various hospitals.
"Fourteen years have gone by and the hospital in Dwarka is still not ready. Not even construction work has started so far. Foundation stones of so many hospital projects were laid but the construction works are yet to start," said Jagdish Mukhi, BJP MLA from Janakpuri.
"Delhi government had planned a number of new hospitals in the last 14 years but not one of them have been commissioned," said Harsh Vardhan, another BJP MLA.
Health minister A K Walia said that the project at Dwarka has received clearance from a number of agencies including fire and Delhi Development Authority. "We will take it up for consideration of the cabinet soon," he said.
While the project was first launched in the year 1996 for a 500-bedded hospital, the government later decided to increase the number of beds to 700.
Walia said that 12 new hospitals will be constructed in the next few years including a 200-bedded hospital in Vikaspuri and 225-bedded hospital in Chattarpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE