BJP attacks `Ghoshna Mukhyamantri` for unfulfilled promises
New Delhi: Terming him as "Ghoshna Mukhyamantri", the BJP on Saturday attacked Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for making tall promises and not fulfilling them.
"Kejriwal is a Ghoshna Mukhyamantri (a chief minister who announces new schemes). Why is there no talk on unauthorized colonies, ration cards and rampant corruption in the state? The government only believes in making announcements without actually implementing them," Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel told reporters here.
He is trying to hide his government`s failure by announcing new schemes, Goel said.
The state BJP unit will also conduct a survey wherein citizens of Delhi will be asked if they are satisfied with the policies and governance of the AAP government, he said.
Talking about the Jan Lokpal Bill, Goel said his party will have to decide whether the bill is constitutional or not.
"If (it is) unconstitutional, it will be difficult for the BJP to support it," he said in a press conference.
Goel also objected to the use of "indecent language" in Kejriwal`s letter to Delhi`s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung on Jan Lokpal Bill.
"We are disappointed that such indecent language was used by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal while his party colleague Ashutosh called the Lt Governor a `Congress agent`. If they had a complaint with him, they should have approached the President," he said.
A Chief Minister must not use such language. If he doesn`t respect the Constitution and the system, those who have brought him to power, will no longer respect him and his position, Goel added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference