BJP attacks `Ghoshna Mukhyamantri` for unfulfilled promises
New Delhi: Terming him as "Ghoshna Mukhyamantri", the BJP on Saturday attacked Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for making tall promises and not fulfilling them.
"Kejriwal is a Ghoshna Mukhyamantri (a chief minister who announces new schemes). Why is there no talk on unauthorized colonies, ration cards and rampant corruption in the state? The government only believes in making announcements without actually implementing them," Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel told reporters here.
He is trying to hide his government`s failure by announcing new schemes, Goel said.
The state BJP unit will also conduct a survey wherein citizens of Delhi will be asked if they are satisfied with the policies and governance of the AAP government, he said.
Talking about the Jan Lokpal Bill, Goel said his party will have to decide whether the bill is constitutional or not.
"If (it is) unconstitutional, it will be difficult for the BJP to support it," he said in a press conference.
Goel also objected to the use of "indecent language" in Kejriwal`s letter to Delhi`s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung on Jan Lokpal Bill.
"We are disappointed that such indecent language was used by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal while his party colleague Ashutosh called the Lt Governor a `Congress agent`. If they had a complaint with him, they should have approached the President," he said.
A Chief Minister must not use such language. If he doesn`t respect the Constitution and the system, those who have brought him to power, will no longer respect him and his position, Goel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself