BJP attacks UPA govt for hike in fixed cost of urea
New Delhi: BJP on Friday attacked the UPA government for its decision to hike fixed cost of urea saying this "anti-farmer" step will adversely affect peasants.
"The government has increased the urea price. This will adversely affect the farmers. It is an anti-farmer step, which we denounce," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
He also criticised the 10 per cent hike in dearness allowance for government employees and pensioners as "too little" and said the employees have been suffering badly from high inflation and high cost of living and the raise in DA was inadequate.
The BJP leader also attacked the government for fixing a minimum pension of Rs 1,000 for all beneficiaries of the EPFO scheme and said it is insufficient and needs to be fixed at Rs 3,000 at least.
He said the government has been contributing only 1.16 per cent to the Provident Fund while employees and employers are contributing 8.33 per cent each and it needs to raise its contribution to 8.33 also.
"If government contributes 8.33 per cent, then it is possible to give Rs 3,000 minimum pension to all. We reiterate our demand for this raise in pension," Javadekar said.
He also termed the raise in poll expenditure limits for Lok Sabha and Assembly a result of high inflation and said it only factors in inflation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog