BJP burns Delhi govt effigies
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday held demonstrations and
burnt effigies of the Delhi government at 70 locations in the
capital to protest against alleged corruption in Commonwealth
Addressing protesters at one of the agitation sites,
Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta alleged that in spite of
the indictment by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG),
no one was punished.
"Dikshit has the protection of Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi. This is the reason
why even after providing proof, top investigating agencies
have not taken any action against her and other corrupt
persons," he alleged.
The protests were held in Nangloi East, Mangolpuri,
Rohini South, Chirag Delhi, Grater Kailash, GTB Nagar,
Mukherjee Nagar, Uttam Nagar, Narela, Preet Vihar, Chitranjan
Park, Andres Ganj, Punjabi Bagh, Subhash Nagar, Rajauri
Garden, Mayur Vihar Phase-1 and Tuglakabad among other places.
Leader of the Opposition in Delhi Assembly VK Malhotra,
BJP National General Secretary Vijay Goel and other senior
leaders like O P Kohli addressed protesters in various places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday