BJP can do anything for power: Somnath Bharti
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Somnath Bharti on Wednesday said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) could do anything for power and added that none of his party members would sell themselves to the BJP.
"BJP`s true face has been revealed. It is in their blood and they can do anything v. But our MLAs won`t sell themselves, and the ones who do, are not true members of the AAP. They have other intentions in mind," said Bharti.
"I wish one who understands the problem of Delhi should become leader. They should give AAP a chance. Congress and BJP have always been running away from taking responsibility, but we have always been positive about forming a government in Delhi,"
"We do not play dirty politics. If Modi or anyone else does good work, we will support him," he added.
Earlier today, AAP MLA Rajesh Garg said that the BJP had approached his party`s MLAs`, including him, to form a government in Delhi.
When questioned about how the BJP was planning to form a government, he said, "They said that they have 29 MLAs and if somehow five MLAs abstain then they would be able to form a government. Or if five MLAs risk their seat, saying that they wouldn`t be MLA`s, then BJP will form the government, and will give the MLAs, who supported them tickets, so that they can become MLAs again."
He also said that a similar offer had been given to him, saying that he has a tape recording of this and he would be exposing them.
He further said that no AAP MLA would break away from the party.
However, BJP has refuted the claims with BJP MLA RP Singh saying, "I read reports in newspaper about Rajesh Garg`s accusation."
He said, "Garg should provide proof to corroborate these accusations, otherwise, he should agree that he`s a liar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet