BJP challenges Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit for debate
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party Sunday challenged Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for a public debate on governance issues ahead of the November assembly poll here.
"The chief minister does not have any explanation for the failures of the Congress government. Instead of responding to my charges, she has fielded three cabinet ministers to respond, who in turn tried to mislead with wrong figures and false claims," Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel said in a statement.
He said the Congress government needs to explain development in the areas of power, health, transport, education and environment.
"It is ironical that the ministers now are speaking on the issues of corruption and efficiency of administration, especially when the CM herself has been indicted more than once by the Lokayukta in case of corruption and misuse of funds," Goel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’