BJP challenges Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit for debate
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party Sunday challenged Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for a public debate on governance issues ahead of the November assembly poll here.
"The chief minister does not have any explanation for the failures of the Congress government. Instead of responding to my charges, she has fielded three cabinet ministers to respond, who in turn tried to mislead with wrong figures and false claims," Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel said in a statement.
He said the Congress government needs to explain development in the areas of power, health, transport, education and environment.
"It is ironical that the ministers now are speaking on the issues of corruption and efficiency of administration, especially when the CM herself has been indicted more than once by the Lokayukta in case of corruption and misuse of funds," Goel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS