BJP councillor stabs party worker to death
New Delhi: In an instance of intra-party election rivalry coming to the fore, a BJP activist was allegedly stabbed to death in North Delhi by his own party’s councillor.
Reports said Jai Prakash was allegedly murdered by Madhav Prasad, a sitting BJP councillor, in Model Town on Tuesday night following a heated argument.
Prakash was rushed to a hospital but he succumbed to his injuries this morning.
Prasad is seeking re-election from ward number 71, Sangam Park in the upcoming MCD polls.
The police have detained Prasad and are questioning him.
As per reports, the argument between the two was over Prasad’s poor track-record as councillor over the past five years. Prakash was questioning why Prasad was re-nominated.
At the time of the incident, Prasad was meeting party workers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know