BJP councillors` `bullock cart` protest against tax hikes
New Delhi: BJP councillors will travel in
bullock carts to the Delhi Assembly on Monday to protest
against price rise and proposed tax hikes in the national
Leader of MCD House Subhash Arya told reporters that
all councillors belonging to the ruling party in the civic
body will take part in the protest.
A meeting of the MCD Standing Committee was adjourned
without taking up the agenda yesterday as BJP councillors
raised slogans against the Delhi government over the proposed
measures in its budget, including increase in value-added tax
on a range of items and withdrawal of subsidy on cooking gas.
The BJP also got passed a condemnation resolution
against the rise in prices of various commodities and services
and demanded that the proposed tax hikes be withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India