BJP councillors` `bullock cart` protest against tax hikes
New Delhi: BJP councillors will travel in
bullock carts to the Delhi Assembly on Monday to protest
against price rise and proposed tax hikes in the national
Leader of MCD House Subhash Arya told reporters that
all councillors belonging to the ruling party in the civic
body will take part in the protest.
A meeting of the MCD Standing Committee was adjourned
without taking up the agenda yesterday as BJP councillors
raised slogans against the Delhi government over the proposed
measures in its budget, including increase in value-added tax
on a range of items and withdrawal of subsidy on cooking gas.
The BJP also got passed a condemnation resolution
against the rise in prices of various commodities and services
and demanded that the proposed tax hikes be withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17