BJP councillors demand Sheila Dikshit`s ouster
New Delhi: Keeping up the pressure on Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit, BJP councillors on Friday held a protest
march demanding her immediate resignation as well as a CBI
probe into the findings of the CAG into certain CWG projects.
A total of 162 BJP Municipal Councillors, led by party`s
city unit president Bijender Gupta took out the march from
Civic Centre and wanted to go to the Union Home Ministry but
police stopped them near Connaught Place.
"We will not relent till Dikshit resigns," said Gupta
addressing the councillors.
National General Secretary Vijay Goel, addressing the
gathering, accused the Delhi Government of gross financial
irregularities in implementation of the Games projects.
Speaking on the occasion, MP Navjot Singh Sidhu said
Dikshit should have resigned on moral grounds following
tabling of the CAG report in Parliament.
The CAG report, which was tabled in Parliament last week
had severely indicted Dikshit for irregularities in certain
CWG projects implemented by her government following which BJP
has mounted pressure on her to step down.
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack
- Army busts weapon making factory in Manipur, 2 militants arrested
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition