BJP councillors demand Sheila Dikshit`s ouster
New Delhi: Keeping up the pressure on Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit, BJP councillors on Friday held a protest
march demanding her immediate resignation as well as a CBI
probe into the findings of the CAG into certain CWG projects.
A total of 162 BJP Municipal Councillors, led by party`s
city unit president Bijender Gupta took out the march from
Civic Centre and wanted to go to the Union Home Ministry but
police stopped them near Connaught Place.
"We will not relent till Dikshit resigns," said Gupta
addressing the councillors.
National General Secretary Vijay Goel, addressing the
gathering, accused the Delhi Government of gross financial
irregularities in implementation of the Games projects.
Speaking on the occasion, MP Navjot Singh Sidhu said
Dikshit should have resigned on moral grounds following
tabling of the CAG report in Parliament.
The CAG report, which was tabled in Parliament last week
had severely indicted Dikshit for irregularities in certain
CWG projects implemented by her government following which BJP
has mounted pressure on her to step down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues