BJP councillors demand Sheila Dikshit`s ouster
New Delhi: Keeping up the pressure on Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit, BJP councillors on Friday held a protest
march demanding her immediate resignation as well as a CBI
probe into the findings of the CAG into certain CWG projects.
A total of 162 BJP Municipal Councillors, led by party`s
city unit president Bijender Gupta took out the march from
Civic Centre and wanted to go to the Union Home Ministry but
police stopped them near Connaught Place.
"We will not relent till Dikshit resigns," said Gupta
addressing the councillors.
National General Secretary Vijay Goel, addressing the
gathering, accused the Delhi Government of gross financial
irregularities in implementation of the Games projects.
Speaking on the occasion, MP Navjot Singh Sidhu said
Dikshit should have resigned on moral grounds following
tabling of the CAG report in Parliament.
The CAG report, which was tabled in Parliament last week
had severely indicted Dikshit for irregularities in certain
CWG projects implemented by her government following which BJP
has mounted pressure on her to step down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- DNA: Today in History | February 5, 2016
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...