BJP demands CBI probe in delay in CP renovation work
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Monday demanded a CBI inquiry into the alleged corruption in renovation work of Connaught Place, which is going on for past nine years.
Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said the incomplete renovation work of Connaught Place even after the lapse of nine years is the result of "unplanned renovation and corruption".
"We demand L-G to order CBI inquiry into the corruption in the renovation work of Connaught Place," Upadhyay said in a statement.
He said that it was a matter of concern that neither the shopkeepers nor the visitors were satisfied even after the execution of such a big scheme.
"Connaught Place appears to be unplanned slum where one finds parking everywhere and still there is problem of parking," he added.
The Delhi BJP chief alleged that encroachments in the area was increasing, sanitation was not good and the power supply in the VIP market of the British era was erratic.
"The role of the then chief minister Sheila Dikshit in this scheme has been doubtful. The CAG and other agencies have made serious comments about it," he added.
He also demanded the LG Najeeb Jung that the due work of development of Connaught Place should be completed within three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman