BJP demands criminal action against Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday demanded initiation of criminal proceedings against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for allegedly misusing public funds on an advertisement campaign to get political mileage ahead of last assembly polls.
"We demand registering a criminal case against the Delhi CM for misusing the hard-earned money of tax payers in her election campaign in 2008. We demand immediate action based on the recommendations of the Lokayukta in this matter," Former Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta told reporters in a press conference.
"A party delegation will meet the President and apprise him of the realities and convince him to accept the Lokayukta recommendations. It is a national shame that huge public funds was siphoned off for party purposes in the capital," Gupta said.
Delhi Lokayukta had yesterday held Dikshit guilty of allegedly misusing public funds on an advertisement campaign to get political mileage ahead of last Assembly polls and recommended recovery of Rs 11 crore either from her or Congress.
The BJP leader termed Dikshit`s indictment as an example of "height of immorality" and "shamelessness" but was reluctant to demand her resignation.
"This case is a suitable example of height of immorality and shamelessness as the guilty and indicted Chief Minister said yesterday she does not have any guilt complex. She should have resigned by now. If we demand her resignation, they will say it has become our habit to seek her resignation. Now, the people of Delhi will teach her a befitting lesson in the upcoming elections," said Gupta.
The Opposition party would stage a protest led by state party chief Vijay Goel on the issue on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon