BJP demands criminal action against Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday demanded initiation of criminal proceedings against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for allegedly misusing public funds on an advertisement campaign to get political mileage ahead of last assembly polls.
"We demand registering a criminal case against the Delhi CM for misusing the hard-earned money of tax payers in her election campaign in 2008. We demand immediate action based on the recommendations of the Lokayukta in this matter," Former Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta told reporters in a press conference.
"A party delegation will meet the President and apprise him of the realities and convince him to accept the Lokayukta recommendations. It is a national shame that huge public funds was siphoned off for party purposes in the capital," Gupta said.
Delhi Lokayukta had yesterday held Dikshit guilty of allegedly misusing public funds on an advertisement campaign to get political mileage ahead of last Assembly polls and recommended recovery of Rs 11 crore either from her or Congress.
The BJP leader termed Dikshit`s indictment as an example of "height of immorality" and "shamelessness" but was reluctant to demand her resignation.
"This case is a suitable example of height of immorality and shamelessness as the guilty and indicted Chief Minister said yesterday she does not have any guilt complex. She should have resigned by now. If we demand her resignation, they will say it has become our habit to seek her resignation. Now, the people of Delhi will teach her a befitting lesson in the upcoming elections," said Gupta.
The Opposition party would stage a protest led by state party chief Vijay Goel on the issue on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog