BJP demands JPC probe on CWG, 2G spectrum and Adarsh scams
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday demanded a Joint
Parliamentary Committee probe into corruption allegations in
the Commonwealth Games, 2G spectrum allocations and the Adarsh
Housing Society and said it will corner the government on
these issues in Parliament from tomorrow.
"There are so many ministries and ministers involved
in these things. A Joint Parliamentary probe is the only
option to probe these matters," senior BJP leader Venkaiah
Naidu told reporters here.
He was asked if the corruption allegations in these
matters should be probed by a JPC.
"On all these issues, we want a debate in the
Parliament and Government should tell us which agency will
probe the matters. This is just the first day. From tomorrow,
we will corner the government on issues such as corruption,
inflation and farmer`s problems," Naidu added.
Reacting to a query on the removal of Ashok Chavan as
Maharashtra Chief Minister on the Adarsh Society issue, he
said, "Only the removal of Ashok Chavan will not do. There is
involvement of various former chief ministers; senior congress
leaders are facing serious allegations into the case."
Commenting on the corruption allegations into the
Commonwealth Games, Naidu said, "This is mega scam and many
agencies and ministries are involved in it. There should be a
probe against people concerned and action should be taken."
- 'Good monsoon, consumer spending to see India GDP grow at 7.4% in FY17'
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse