BJP demands relaxation in DU cut off for Delhi students
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Tuesday demanded relaxation of four per cent in Delhi University cut-off list for student passing their Class 12th examination from schools situated in the national capital.
Delhi BJP General Secretary Shikha Rai proposed the resolution, which was seconded by MLA Jai Bhagwan Aggarwal, at a meeting convened to discuss the prevailing situation in the capital and party`s strategy for the coming assembly polls.
The party also passed a resolution slamming Delhi government for not being able to control prices of vegetables which have increased of 100-150 per cent.
BJP also demanded a high level probe into the alleged "fraud" committed by Education Department of Delhi government in Delhi government schools resulting in complete collapse of education system in these schools.
A number of state level office bearers, legislators, councillors, district level office bearers, office bearers of various cells and morchas were present during the meeting.
"The Congress government has ruined the capital of the country during last 15 years and people are desperate for change. The common man is looking towards the BJP to set things rights. That brings us greater responsibility," said Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel.
Goel said that the common man was suffering in Congress regime with inflation, corruption, lack of water, high power tariffs and poor law and order situation in Delhi.
Education, public transport, health services, basic utilities like sewage were all in mess, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price