BJP demands Sheila Dikshit`s resignation
New Delhi: Retaining its supremacy with a spectacular victory in the civic polls, BJP on Tuesday sought the resignation of Sheila Dikshit as Delhi Chief Minister, owning moral responsibility for Congress` electoral drubbing, saying the poll results are people`s mandate against her "corrupt" government.
Upbeat over the victory, Delhi BJP Chief Vijender Gupta also thanked Delhiites for retaining faith in the party for a second consecutive term in the civic polls seen as a precursor to the assembly elections next year.
Senior party leader VK Malhotra demanded immediate resignation of Dikshit pointing that people of the city have rejected Congress in all the three new municipalties carved out of MCD by the Delhi Government.
"The results are a mandate against Congress misrule. Sheila Dikshit should accept moral responsibility for this defeat and resign immediately," Malhotra said.
BJP today trumped Congress to retain its hold in the Delhi municipal polls winning North and East Corporations and is set to capture South where it has emerged as the single-largest group
Gupta said BJP has been claiming from the very beginning that the municipal polls will prove to be a "referendum against the Congress misrule, corruption, price spiral and anti people policies" which has come true.
"The way in which the voters of Delhi expressed their acrimony against the Congress Party in all the three Corporations and made the BJP candidates victorious by large margins, the claim of BJP has proved to be true," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days