BJP expresses concern over presence of Chinese troops in POK
New Delhi: Expressing serious concern over
reports about presence of Chinese troops in Pakistan Occupied
Kashmir, BJP on Wednesday said New Delhi should take up the matter
with the neighbouring country and make the POK issue a must in
all talks with Pakistan.
"The presence of a large number of People`s Liberation
Army of China personnel disguised as `construction workers` in
POK on our LoC is a matter of serious concern to us," BJP
spokesperson Tarun Vijay said.
He maintained that it is a threat to India`s security and
the government must get a clarification from the Chinese about
the real intention of their involvement on an Indian territory
which "is under illegal occupation of Pakistan".
Vijay demanded that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh take up
this issue with his Chinese counterpart when he goes to China
next week to attend BRICS summit.
"We would urge him (Singh) to take up these matters also
with the Chinese PM and get a clarification," Vijay said.
BJP insisted that the occupation of POK is illegal and
till Pakistan does not hand over the area to India, there can
not be any lasting peace there.
"We also demand that the government of India must put the
POK issue on the table in every talk with Pakistan. The
government should implement the unanimous resolution of
Parliament (that POK is part of India)," Vijay said.
BJP further maintained that clarification should be
sought from China whether its presence in PoK is part of some
long term plan to connect the Karakoram highway with Gwadar.
Gwadar port was reportedly built with Chinese help and
inaugurated by the Chinese PM in 2005. If a free passage is
allowed, it would connect mainland China with the Arabian Sea.
Vijay said the presence of Chinese army in POK which also
has terrorist training camps raises questions about whether
there is a connection between the two.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India