BJP for national commission for senior citizens
New Delhi: To ensure better care to elderly,
the BJP on Sunday demanded setting up of a national commission for
senior citizens on the lines of the panels created for women
The party said its senior leaders will raise this demand
during the ongoing session of the Parliament and will seek a
debate on the matter.
"Other than creating National Commission for Senior
Citizens, we demand doubling the pension amount being paid to
the elderly, health insurance and free medicare facilities to
them," BJP president Nitin Gadkari said at the `Senior Citizen
BJP leader and founder of Senior Citizen Federation, which
organised the meet, said: "The vulnerable citizens have been
denied the basic necessities such as health care. They are
neglected and suffer at the hands of their own families. These
aged people not only need the basic amenities, they also need
care and affection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video