BJP for national commission for senior citizens
New Delhi: To ensure better care to elderly,
the BJP on Sunday demanded setting up of a national commission for
senior citizens on the lines of the panels created for women
The party said its senior leaders will raise this demand
during the ongoing session of the Parliament and will seek a
debate on the matter.
"Other than creating National Commission for Senior
Citizens, we demand doubling the pension amount being paid to
the elderly, health insurance and free medicare facilities to
them," BJP president Nitin Gadkari said at the `Senior Citizen
BJP leader and founder of Senior Citizen Federation, which
organised the meet, said: "The vulnerable citizens have been
denied the basic necessities such as health care. They are
neglected and suffer at the hands of their own families. These
aged people not only need the basic amenities, they also need
care and affection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies