BJP for national commission for senior citizens
New Delhi: To ensure better care to elderly,
the BJP on Sunday demanded setting up of a national commission for
senior citizens on the lines of the panels created for women
The party said its senior leaders will raise this demand
during the ongoing session of the Parliament and will seek a
debate on the matter.
"Other than creating National Commission for Senior
Citizens, we demand doubling the pension amount being paid to
the elderly, health insurance and free medicare facilities to
them," BJP president Nitin Gadkari said at the `Senior Citizen
BJP leader and founder of Senior Citizen Federation, which
organised the meet, said: "The vulnerable citizens have been
denied the basic necessities such as health care. They are
neglected and suffer at the hands of their own families. These
aged people not only need the basic amenities, they also need
care and affection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service