BJP for national commission for senior citizens
New Delhi: To ensure better care to elderly,
the BJP on Sunday demanded setting up of a national commission for
senior citizens on the lines of the panels created for women
The party said its senior leaders will raise this demand
during the ongoing session of the Parliament and will seek a
debate on the matter.
"Other than creating National Commission for Senior
Citizens, we demand doubling the pension amount being paid to
the elderly, health insurance and free medicare facilities to
them," BJP president Nitin Gadkari said at the `Senior Citizen
BJP leader and founder of Senior Citizen Federation, which
organised the meet, said: "The vulnerable citizens have been
denied the basic necessities such as health care. They are
neglected and suffer at the hands of their own families. These
aged people not only need the basic amenities, they also need
care and affection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore