BJP for probe into black marketing of LPG cylinders
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Sunday demanded a high
level probe into alleged black marketing of LPG cylinders by gas agencies following the Centre`s decision to provide only six cylinders on subsidised rates in a year.
"After the decision of the Central government to supply only six cylinders of cooking gas to a family there is a great scarcity of gas cylinders in the capital and people are struggling to get it. In Delhi, a gas cylinder is being sold at Rs 1,000 in black market, while earlier it was available for Rs 700 in black market," Delhi BJP Chief Vijender Gupta said.
He alleged that the government has failed to check this and demanded a probe and punishment of the guilty.
Gupta alleged that Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had spent crores on advertisements of making Delhi "Kerosene-free city" but only a few families have got the gas cylinders.
"She had played a drama of providing gas connection, gas stove and cylinders to four lakh BPL family free of cost. A function was organised in which only 200 families were given gas cylinders. Rest of the families are still waiting for free gas connection," Gupta said.
He said Kerosene was not being supplied in the national capital and after the government`s decision to put cap on the number of subsidised cylinders, all gas agencies have stopped booking saying that they would supply it after two months.
"All the agencies have stopped booking. Families are now compelled to purchase gas cylinders in the black market for Rs 1,000. Lakh of families were facing great scarcity of fuel because those families who cooked food on Kerosene have no fuel at all and mow they are unable to purchase a cylinder," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Arvind Kejriwal got in IIT- Kharagpur through fake quota? Subramanian Swamy to reveal soon
- Hope more Indian A-listers take chances in Hollywood: Deepika Padukone
- US official: Investigators can't download EgyptAir recorders
- 100% FDI in defence need of the hour: Venkaiah Naidu
- Will renew myself with each film: Alia Bhatt