BJP for resignation of NCW chief for `sexy` remark
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday demanded resignation of National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma for her controversial remarks that the word "sexy" should not be taken in a negative connotation.
"It is shameful that the NCW chairperson has done this," Darshana Vikram Jardosh said in the Lok Sabha during Zero Hour.
She demanded that the government should seek Sharma`s resignation for the remarks which sparked a controversy.
Sharma had said, "Boys pass comments about girls, terming them sexy. But sexy means beautiful and charming. We should not see it in a negative sense."
In another Zero Hour mention, Shailendra Kumar (SP) demanded increase in pay of over 50,000 teachers working in over 1,000 Kendriya Vidyalayas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?