BJP for resignation of NCW chief for `sexy` remark
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday demanded resignation of National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma for her controversial remarks that the word "sexy" should not be taken in a negative connotation.
"It is shameful that the NCW chairperson has done this," Darshana Vikram Jardosh said in the Lok Sabha during Zero Hour.
She demanded that the government should seek Sharma`s resignation for the remarks which sparked a controversy.
Sharma had said, "Boys pass comments about girls, terming them sexy. But sexy means beautiful and charming. We should not see it in a negative sense."
In another Zero Hour mention, Shailendra Kumar (SP) demanded increase in pay of over 50,000 teachers working in over 1,000 Kendriya Vidyalayas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!