BJP for resignation of NCW chief for `sexy` remark
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday demanded resignation of National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma for her controversial remarks that the word "sexy" should not be taken in a negative connotation.
"It is shameful that the NCW chairperson has done this," Darshana Vikram Jardosh said in the Lok Sabha during Zero Hour.
She demanded that the government should seek Sharma`s resignation for the remarks which sparked a controversy.
Sharma had said, "Boys pass comments about girls, terming them sexy. But sexy means beautiful and charming. We should not see it in a negative sense."
In another Zero Hour mention, Shailendra Kumar (SP) demanded increase in pay of over 50,000 teachers working in over 1,000 Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- Protests in Manipur over unsolved murders
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: We are investigating former IAF chief SP Tyagi's bank accounts, asset details, says CBI
- WATCH: Unbelievable cricket moment- Batsman scores 18 runs off 1 ball!
- Syrian conflict in many ways out of control, warns John Kerry
- Rupee falls 11 paise to 66.44 Vs US dollar