BJP for resignation of NCW chief for `sexy` remark
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday demanded resignation of National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma for her controversial remarks that the word "sexy" should not be taken in a negative connotation.
"It is shameful that the NCW chairperson has done this," Darshana Vikram Jardosh said in the Lok Sabha during Zero Hour.
She demanded that the government should seek Sharma`s resignation for the remarks which sparked a controversy.
Sharma had said, "Boys pass comments about girls, terming them sexy. But sexy means beautiful and charming. We should not see it in a negative sense."
In another Zero Hour mention, Shailendra Kumar (SP) demanded increase in pay of over 50,000 teachers working in over 1,000 Kendriya Vidyalayas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list