BJP for resignation of NCW chief for `sexy` remark
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday demanded resignation of National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma for her controversial remarks that the word "sexy" should not be taken in a negative connotation.
"It is shameful that the NCW chairperson has done this," Darshana Vikram Jardosh said in the Lok Sabha during Zero Hour.
She demanded that the government should seek Sharma`s resignation for the remarks which sparked a controversy.
Sharma had said, "Boys pass comments about girls, terming them sexy. But sexy means beautiful and charming. We should not see it in a negative sense."
In another Zero Hour mention, Shailendra Kumar (SP) demanded increase in pay of over 50,000 teachers working in over 1,000 Kendriya Vidyalayas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands