BJP forms 14 teams of observer for MCD elections
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Wednesday decided to form 14
teams of observers to select candidates and prepare the
party`s strategy for the upcoming municipal elections.
The decision was taken by the party`s core committee
which includes Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta, senior leaders
Vijay Kumar Malhotra, O P Kohali, Vijay Goel, Vani Tripathi,
Mange Ram Garg, Jagdish Mukhi, Subhash Arya, Yogender
Chandolia, Ramesh Bidhuri, Ashish Sood and Vijay Sharma.
The teams would consist of experienced leaders who would
discussions with the party`s office bearers in all the 272
wards of Delhi before selecting a potential candidate on the
basis of the demography, local problems and political
equations of a particular area, a BJP spokesperson said.
MCD election is due in April this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?