BJP has not taken any decision on Delhi CM candidate: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Thursday said the party has not taken any decision on projecting a chief ministerial candidate for the forthcoming Delhi Assembly elections or zeroed in on any name for the purpose.
"The party has not closed in on any candidate for the post of Delhi Chief Minister. The BJP Parliamentary Board has not taken any decision on the issue. It will take a decision on the matter at the appropriate time," Singh said.
BJP is also undecided about whether it should project a chief ministerial candidate for the Delhi elections or take a call after the polls.
Singh`s statement today comes in the wake of reports that BJP has decided on the CM candidate and an announcement is imminent. The names of former minister Harshvardhan, Delhi BJP Unit Chief Vijay Goel and others have reportedly been doing the rounds.
Party sources said the top brass is apprehensive about announcing any leader as a chief ministerial candidate as declaring a name may lead to acrimony and may jeopardise the party`s prospects in the Assembly elections due later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price