BJP hits out at Congress, AAP
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday accused Congress and Aam Aadmi Party of working hand in glove to prevent the saffron party from coming to power both at the Centre and in Delhi in the upcoming elections and would "expose" their motive.
The BJP`s Delhi unit staged a demonstration at Jantar Mantar here today against AAP and Congress and announced the launch of its door-to-door campaign beginning tomorrow.
"BJP workers will tell residents about Congress` corruption and AAP`s anarchist attitude. Party workers will also expose AAP as to how it misled people by making false promises through which it had come to power," senior BJP leader Harsh Vardhan said while addressing a gathering of party workers.
In a veiled attack on AAP, Vardhan said Congress has "died" and it has given birth to "Bhasmaasur" to prevent Narendra Modi from becoming the country`s prime minister.
He said BJP is against corruption and party MLAs also supported Jan Lokpal Bill in the Delhi Assembly recently.
"BJP wanted Jan Lokpal to be tabled in the Assembly, but the way AAP-led government was introducing this bill was unconstitutional. Arvind Kejriwal ran away from his responsibilities by stepping down as Chief Minister," Vardhan alleged.
To complete the constitutional process, government has to send bill to LG and thereafter, it has to pursue Home Ministry and Finance Ministry. The BJP government had made the first Lokayukat law of the country in Delhi 20 years ago by following all constitutional norms, the BJP leader said.
Vardhan claimed that Kejriwal wanted to keep the issue of Jan Lokpal Bill alive for the Lok Sabha elections following which he stepped down as the chief minister.
"Kejriwal misled people by making false promises on water, electricity, permanent jobs for contractual workers and among others," he said.
Party`s senior leader Vijay Goel also said that before elections, AAP claimed that it would register an FIR against Sheila Dikshit after coming to power, that hasn`t happened yet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'