BJP holds demonstration against PM
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Wednesday staged a protest demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on coal blocks allocation issue to ensure an impartial and transparent probe into the matter.
Members of Delhi BJP and party`s youth wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) staged a demonstration at Jantar Mantar and later took out protest march to Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) where they were arrested.
"When the constitutional body like CAG has alleged corruption of Rs 1.86 lakh crore then the law requires that Manmohan Singh should resign for impartial and transparent inquiry into it so that the investigating agencies may not be pressurised by the PMO," Delhi BJP President Vijender Gupta said.
The prominent leaders who were taken into custody include Vijender Gupta, BJYM chief Anurag Thakur, Delhi Pradesh Yuva Morcha President Nakul Bhardwaj.
Gupta alleged that though Congress has been claiming to be the protector of the Constitution, "but it has proved that it does not believe in the Constitution of India.
"BJP wants impartial inquiry into the case and punishment to the guilty persons and hence it is demanding the resignation of the PM within legal limits," he said.
While addressing the gathering, BJYM chief Anurag Thakur said that UPA-II government has broken all the records of corruption.
"Every day some scam is exposed and entire Congress Government and Congress party starts covering up that scam. This Government is the Government of scams," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP