BJP holds demonstration against PM
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Wednesday staged a protest demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on coal blocks allocation issue to ensure an impartial and transparent probe into the matter.
Members of Delhi BJP and party`s youth wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) staged a demonstration at Jantar Mantar and later took out protest march to Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) where they were arrested.
"When the constitutional body like CAG has alleged corruption of Rs 1.86 lakh crore then the law requires that Manmohan Singh should resign for impartial and transparent inquiry into it so that the investigating agencies may not be pressurised by the PMO," Delhi BJP President Vijender Gupta said.
The prominent leaders who were taken into custody include Vijender Gupta, BJYM chief Anurag Thakur, Delhi Pradesh Yuva Morcha President Nakul Bhardwaj.
Gupta alleged that though Congress has been claiming to be the protector of the Constitution, "but it has proved that it does not believe in the Constitution of India.
"BJP wants impartial inquiry into the case and punishment to the guilty persons and hence it is demanding the resignation of the PM within legal limits," he said.
While addressing the gathering, BJYM chief Anurag Thakur said that UPA-II government has broken all the records of corruption.
"Every day some scam is exposed and entire Congress Government and Congress party starts covering up that scam. This Government is the Government of scams," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling