BJP holds demonstration against PM
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Wednesday staged a protest demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on coal blocks allocation issue to ensure an impartial and transparent probe into the matter.
Members of Delhi BJP and party`s youth wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) staged a demonstration at Jantar Mantar and later took out protest march to Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) where they were arrested.
"When the constitutional body like CAG has alleged corruption of Rs 1.86 lakh crore then the law requires that Manmohan Singh should resign for impartial and transparent inquiry into it so that the investigating agencies may not be pressurised by the PMO," Delhi BJP President Vijender Gupta said.
The prominent leaders who were taken into custody include Vijender Gupta, BJYM chief Anurag Thakur, Delhi Pradesh Yuva Morcha President Nakul Bhardwaj.
Gupta alleged that though Congress has been claiming to be the protector of the Constitution, "but it has proved that it does not believe in the Constitution of India.
"BJP wants impartial inquiry into the case and punishment to the guilty persons and hence it is demanding the resignation of the PM within legal limits," he said.
While addressing the gathering, BJYM chief Anurag Thakur said that UPA-II government has broken all the records of corruption.
"Every day some scam is exposed and entire Congress Government and Congress party starts covering up that scam. This Government is the Government of scams," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP