BJP holds demonstrations against rising prices
New Delhi: The Delhi BJP on Tuesday held a
demonstration protesting hike in bus fares, rising prices
of essential commodities and inflated bills.
Holding placards and banners, a group of BJP workers
including several party MLAs led by leader of Opposition in
Delhi Assembly V K Malhotra took out a protest march also
cautioning the Delhi Government not to increase the water
charges and Metro fare.
Accusing the government of turning a blind eye to the
plight of the common people, Malhotra demanded withdrawal of
government`s decision to hike the DTC bus fare.
"The Government must desist from harassing the common
people. Otherwise we will intensify our agitation," he said.
The agitators also asked the government to immediately
correct the inflated power bills issued by power discom BSES.
"Lakhs of people residing in slums and unauthorised
colonies are receiving monthly power bills of Rs 1,500 to Rs
2,000 and the situation has only become more explosive in the
last four months," Malhotra added in a memorandum to the Chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview