BJP holds demonstrations against rising prices
New Delhi: The Delhi BJP on Tuesday held a
demonstration protesting hike in bus fares, rising prices
of essential commodities and inflated bills.
Holding placards and banners, a group of BJP workers
including several party MLAs led by leader of Opposition in
Delhi Assembly V K Malhotra took out a protest march also
cautioning the Delhi Government not to increase the water
charges and Metro fare.
Accusing the government of turning a blind eye to the
plight of the common people, Malhotra demanded withdrawal of
government`s decision to hike the DTC bus fare.
"The Government must desist from harassing the common
people. Otherwise we will intensify our agitation," he said.
The agitators also asked the government to immediately
correct the inflated power bills issued by power discom BSES.
"Lakhs of people residing in slums and unauthorised
colonies are receiving monthly power bills of Rs 1,500 to Rs
2,000 and the situation has only become more explosive in the
last four months," Malhotra added in a memorandum to the Chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets