BJP holds protest outside CM`s residence
New Delhi: Scores of BJP activists led by Delhi state president Vijay Goel on Friday courted arrest during a protest outside Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s residence here against government`s alleged failure to provide houses to four lakh slum dwellers.
The activists broke the barricade and reached right in front of the Chief Minister`s residence shouting slogans and demanding Dikshit`s resignation.
They later courted arrest and were taken to Tuglaq Road police station from where they were released.
Addressing the protesters, Goel said that four lakh slum dwellers had filled forms under the Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojna paying Rs 100 each but not a single person got a flat under the scheme.
"Similarly, this government had claimed that 44,720 flats will be built under JNNURM scheme but only 10,684 flats were actually built and barely 85 flats were allotted to beneficiaries.
"The recent CAG reported has unearthed widespread irregularities and corruption in electricity, water, transport and health departments. Water and power has become dearer under this government. Sheila Dikshit has lost the moral right to rule and she should resign from her post owing responsibility for all this misgovernance," said Goel.
A number of slum dwellers who claimed to have filled forms under the Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojna had also gathered to protest at Dikshit`s residence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'