BJP holds protest outside CM`s residence
New Delhi: Scores of BJP activists led by Delhi state president Vijay Goel on Friday courted arrest during a protest outside Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s residence here against government`s alleged failure to provide houses to four lakh slum dwellers.
The activists broke the barricade and reached right in front of the Chief Minister`s residence shouting slogans and demanding Dikshit`s resignation.
They later courted arrest and were taken to Tuglaq Road police station from where they were released.
Addressing the protesters, Goel said that four lakh slum dwellers had filled forms under the Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojna paying Rs 100 each but not a single person got a flat under the scheme.
"Similarly, this government had claimed that 44,720 flats will be built under JNNURM scheme but only 10,684 flats were actually built and barely 85 flats were allotted to beneficiaries.
"The recent CAG reported has unearthed widespread irregularities and corruption in electricity, water, transport and health departments. Water and power has become dearer under this government. Sheila Dikshit has lost the moral right to rule and she should resign from her post owing responsibility for all this misgovernance," said Goel.
A number of slum dwellers who claimed to have filled forms under the Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojna had also gathered to protest at Dikshit`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video