BJP holds rally against diesel price hike, FDI in
New Delhi: BJP activists led by its leader M Venkaiah Naidu Saturday took to streets here and courted arrest, protesting hike in diesel price and FDI in multi-brand retail.
Naidu along with BJP leaders V K Malhotra, Vijay Goel and Vijender Gupta marched from Jantar Mantar towards Parliament and courted arrest, demanding roll back of diesel prices.
Addressing the protesters earlier, Naidu alleged the government wanted to divert attention from issues like coal block allocation and "that`s why they have taken such a decision".
We demand a complete roll back of hike in diesel prices," Naidu said.
"We call all the allies of UPA to decide whether they are with the farmers or with this government. Either they make the government to rollback the decisions or withdraw support," he said.
Goel said the government`s decisions will prove wrong as in the case of coal block allocations.
"Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal had said the government didn`t make coal block allocations to cancel them later. But they have now cancelled allocation of four coal blocks. Congress will rollback diesel price similarly," Goel said.
Malhotra criticised the statement made by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit yesterday that people are able to pay for diesel prices.
"I am extremely shocked with the statement of Dikshit who said that ordinary citizens are able to pay these prices easily," he said.
Gupta said that this is the final war against this government and that they will continue its protest until this government quits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi