BJP holds rally against diesel price hike, FDI in
New Delhi: BJP activists led by its leader M Venkaiah Naidu Saturday took to streets here and courted arrest, protesting hike in diesel price and FDI in multi-brand retail.
Naidu along with BJP leaders V K Malhotra, Vijay Goel and Vijender Gupta marched from Jantar Mantar towards Parliament and courted arrest, demanding roll back of diesel prices.
Addressing the protesters earlier, Naidu alleged the government wanted to divert attention from issues like coal block allocation and "that`s why they have taken such a decision".
We demand a complete roll back of hike in diesel prices," Naidu said.
"We call all the allies of UPA to decide whether they are with the farmers or with this government. Either they make the government to rollback the decisions or withdraw support," he said.
Goel said the government`s decisions will prove wrong as in the case of coal block allocations.
"Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal had said the government didn`t make coal block allocations to cancel them later. But they have now cancelled allocation of four coal blocks. Congress will rollback diesel price similarly," Goel said.
Malhotra criticised the statement made by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit yesterday that people are able to pay for diesel prices.
"I am extremely shocked with the statement of Dikshit who said that ordinary citizens are able to pay these prices easily," he said.
Gupta said that this is the final war against this government and that they will continue its protest until this government quits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details