BJP holds rally against diesel price hike, FDI in
New Delhi: BJP activists led by its leader M Venkaiah Naidu Saturday took to streets here and courted arrest, protesting hike in diesel price and FDI in multi-brand retail.
Naidu along with BJP leaders V K Malhotra, Vijay Goel and Vijender Gupta marched from Jantar Mantar towards Parliament and courted arrest, demanding roll back of diesel prices.
Addressing the protesters earlier, Naidu alleged the government wanted to divert attention from issues like coal block allocation and "that`s why they have taken such a decision".
We demand a complete roll back of hike in diesel prices," Naidu said.
"We call all the allies of UPA to decide whether they are with the farmers or with this government. Either they make the government to rollback the decisions or withdraw support," he said.
Goel said the government`s decisions will prove wrong as in the case of coal block allocations.
"Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal had said the government didn`t make coal block allocations to cancel them later. But they have now cancelled allocation of four coal blocks. Congress will rollback diesel price similarly," Goel said.
Malhotra criticised the statement made by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit yesterday that people are able to pay for diesel prices.
"I am extremely shocked with the statement of Dikshit who said that ordinary citizens are able to pay these prices easily," he said.
Gupta said that this is the final war against this government and that they will continue its protest until this government quits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says