BJP inducts 200 Muslims into the party
New Delhi: A day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi asked the party to reach out to Muslims, BJP on Monday inducted in its fold a man belonging to the minority community and his supporters.
BJP President Rajnath Singh welcomed M J Khan, a general secretary of the Peace Party, and around 200 of his supporters into the party here today.
Speaking on the occasion, Singh said BJP does not do any politics of religion, sect or caste. "Today, Muslims believe they are the most secure and progressing in all sectors in BJP-ruled states like Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa and Gujarat," he said.
The party President maintained it is not BJP but Congress which needs to answer why Muslims have been lagging behind in all aspects inspite of 60 years of Congress rule.
"To meet the target of winning more than 272 seats, the party will run a campaign to reach out to youth, especially Muslim youth," Singh said.
He claimed M J Khan`s joining BJP is "a big step" in this campaign of the party.
Slogans in the name of Rajnath Singh and Narendra Modi were raised at the programme after Khan joined BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security