BJP launches app to connect Delhi MPs with voters
New Delhi: With a view to ensuring better governance through technology, BJP on Monday launched a mobile phone app for Delhi which citizens can use to connect with their local MPs and register complaints and offer feedback.
Launching the initiative, BJP President Amit Shah said it would help in the early redress of public grievances in the national capital.
The `Constituency Connect App`, which will help BJP MPs connect with their constituencies, can be downloaded on both Android phones and iPhones.
It will provide information on MPs and their work in the constituency and in Parliament, besides offering a forum to the people to give their feedback.
Voters in a particular constituency will have to provide their voter ID card number to register and they can thereafter use the app to air their grievances on the phone.
Hailing the app, which was conceptualised by New Delhi MP Meenakshi Lekhi, Shah said it would further the cause of good governance espoused by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Shah, however, warned that such measures should not stop the direct communication between voters and their elected representatives. Public representatives should continue to meet with the public and maintain person-to-person contacts with voters in their constituencies.
"This is probably the first time that an MP has taken the initiative to... Reduce the gap between MPs and the public. It is a new beginning for MPs in (Delhi) and I hope this initiative will be taken forward in other areas too," Shah told BJP workers.
Speaking on the occasion, Lekhi said the app has been devised with the help of IIT graduates and technocrats.
"Voters can directly get in touch with their MP and the government," she said.
Lauding the effort, BJP general secretary JP Nadda said the app is part of Modi government`s commitment to connect with the public while also ensuring transparency in governance.
The app will help make MPs accountable to the public, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui