BJP leaders meet Prez, demand dismissal of Dikshit govt
New Delhi: Delhi BJP leaders on Saturday met President Pranab Mukherjee and demanded dismissal of Sheila Dikshit government on the grounds of "deteriorating" law and order situation in the national capital.
The delegation led by state BJP Chief Vijay Goel and comprising Leader of Opposition in Assembly VK Malhotra, BJP National Secretary Aarti Mehra, former state BJP president Vijender Gupta and senior MLAs alleged that the Congress government in Delhi had failed to ensure security of its citizens.
"We have asked the President to consider dismissing the government under section 239 AA of the Constitution, where he can dismiss a government for non-performance," Goel said.
"The President has assured us that he will look into the matter and speak to Prime Minister and Home Minister on the issue," the Delhi BJP Chief said.
He added that the Chief Minister herself has asked for the removal of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar over deteriorating law and order situation and rise in incident of rapes, which makes it evident that her government has lost total control.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges