BJP leaders meet Prez, demand dismissal of Dikshit govt
New Delhi: Delhi BJP leaders on Saturday met President Pranab Mukherjee and demanded dismissal of Sheila Dikshit government on the grounds of "deteriorating" law and order situation in the national capital.
The delegation led by state BJP Chief Vijay Goel and comprising Leader of Opposition in Assembly VK Malhotra, BJP National Secretary Aarti Mehra, former state BJP president Vijender Gupta and senior MLAs alleged that the Congress government in Delhi had failed to ensure security of its citizens.
"We have asked the President to consider dismissing the government under section 239 AA of the Constitution, where he can dismiss a government for non-performance," Goel said.
"The President has assured us that he will look into the matter and speak to Prime Minister and Home Minister on the issue," the Delhi BJP Chief said.
He added that the Chief Minister herself has asked for the removal of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar over deteriorating law and order situation and rise in incident of rapes, which makes it evident that her government has lost total control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?