BJP leaders meet Prez, demand dismissal of Dikshit govt
New Delhi: Delhi BJP leaders on Saturday met President Pranab Mukherjee and demanded dismissal of Sheila Dikshit government on the grounds of "deteriorating" law and order situation in the national capital.
The delegation led by state BJP Chief Vijay Goel and comprising Leader of Opposition in Assembly VK Malhotra, BJP National Secretary Aarti Mehra, former state BJP president Vijender Gupta and senior MLAs alleged that the Congress government in Delhi had failed to ensure security of its citizens.
"We have asked the President to consider dismissing the government under section 239 AA of the Constitution, where he can dismiss a government for non-performance," Goel said.
"The President has assured us that he will look into the matter and speak to Prime Minister and Home Minister on the issue," the Delhi BJP Chief said.
He added that the Chief Minister herself has asked for the removal of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar over deteriorating law and order situation and rise in incident of rapes, which makes it evident that her government has lost total control.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?